The Ballerina

For some time I've been trying to figure out how to create a lighting effect I'd seen and had explained to me. Every time I tried it I was sorely disappointed in the results. However, in my preparations for my shoot with Sara, I decided to go for it anyway.

And, well, whatyaknow - the effect works best with white seamless paper! It has a different reflectivity than my white walls. I was quite pleased with the results!!

And very happy to be working with Sara!



We started with her going through her stretching/warmup routines as if she were about to perform. LOTS of great images, but this one is my absolute favorite. LOVE her expression!

See what I mean about the light?!



Next up, we get into performing and again get several great shots. And again, I found the perfect pose and expression. This series was fun, as Sara stayed up on point and simply tittered (best description I can come up with) left or right as needed while I shot away. In my defense, I told her to drop down and relax then go back on point when she was ready. It was her decision (really! No kidding!!) to stay up there. Blew me away watching her!!



Now, according to Sara, Ballerinas spend their time up and on their toes, rarely do they get down on the ground, but when I asked she immediately gave me this rather interesting pose. I won't tell you I tried to mimic the pose. Really, I'm not gonna, so don't ask me!



Switch outfits, play around and come up with this. Can you figure out how I did it???

Hope you enjoy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment