Oh Snap! Over the top

Quick vote - let me know if you like or don't like these images?!

I hate when this happens - last night I was reviewing a cool set of photos that deliberately over-exposed images of structures, etc.  It was the inspiration for the pictures below.  Over-exposing is nothing new, but when something inspires me I'd like to be able to give them proper credit.  Once again I have to apologize to the Unknown Photog.

Over exposing means pushing the dynamic range and ending up with black-n-white images which look very much like pencil drawings.  To do that, however, you have to have a bright whites and strong shadows to start with...

Skittles, Journey and I headed off for our walk (what else is new), and returned to Windsor Lake with the over-exposure idea in mind.  First thing we run into is the park bench (1st shot).  After that, I just shot whatever tickled my fancy.

Each image was 2-3 stops over-exposed, then pushed further in Lightroom.

Again, am interested in hearing what you think!

Bench by the lake

Winter Tree

Overhang
(yes Virginia, I shot daylight balanced, and yet the shadows turned blue!)

Lone Tree by the Lake

Even Bigger Overhang

Somehow these feel old-school, old-tech to me. I kind of like them, actually.

Of course! I wouldn't have posed them otherwise... :)

Hope you enjoyed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment