All Manner of Things

This morning's walk took Skittles and I along the portion of the Poudre Trail that runs between CR-17 and CR-13. It's a winding section, tracing the Poudre river in some parts, and just meandering when it isn't. It's a mixture of open areas, lakes, and sections filled with trees. It's a great area to walk!


We were about a 1/3 of the way through the open area when we ran into this rare treat. in the 14+ months we've been walking here, this is only the second time we've seen a deer.


He/She (do you notice a pattern emerging here?) was just grazing on the hill when we crested a small rise. She stood and watched us as I slow-walked as close as I dared. After a couple minutes, she jumps and heads off just before a jogger came into view on the other side of the path. Caught me by surprise, and I couldn't get the camera trained on her for a good shot.

That area of the trail is also the home of a large family of prairie dogs, and on the way back home I got a rare chance to get close and shoot their lookout.

be sure to look Left and right now!!

Animals and nature seems to be the theme here, right? Well, let's switch gears and throw in some man-made interest. I mentioned the trail follows along the Poudre in some parts, and there's an irrigation control point that splits off part of the water to feed the farm lands to the south. Water is running strong with all the rain we've been having, and I grabbed a couple different perspectives of the dam...



I didn't bring my tripod or ND filters so I'll have to go back again and slow down the exposure to turn the water to silk...

This morning's walk was a bumper crop of great shots. I'm going to have to spread them out into multiple posts as I manage my way through them.

In the mean time, hope you enjoy these!!!

2 comments:

Rob + Randi said...

Interesting water shots. You've been having a lot of fun with those lately!

byronandlyssa said...

very cool idea to post this way - its on my favorites. The pics are beautiful!

Post a Comment