Think Aroma...

The last time we were here I shared some shots from our walk on the Poudre Trail. Well, I finally finished all the notable images! First one up is an irrigation ditch that splits off some of the water from the Poudre river. Remember that water dam in the last post? If you walk over and stand just above them you get this when you look east...


But on to something sweeter smelling - This was one of 2 flowers hanging out among all the weeds. Of course, with my immense expertise I can categorically deny that this little guy is a weed too!


And remember these "weeds"? My sisters and I, like most every kid, used to get a kick out of picking them, and blowing them apart, much to the dismay of our Dad. Nestled amongst the yellow flowers it just grabbed my attention.


Sun hit this weed (Geez, where's all the flowers, man?!) just right, creating an interesting contrast between shadow and light:


Ok, who can tell me - weed or flower?! I liked the shared diagonals, and how the little spider-web-like fibers glow and stand out...



Ok, so this isn't quite the same aroma all the other images bring to mind, but it WAS kinda cool to see them sitting there watching all the joggers and bikers and what-not walking by... It's a ying-yang thing - in order to really appreciate the sweet aroma of Flowers (ok - weeds, but still) you gotta experience the other realm of aromas, doncha?!


Enjoy your day - nope, I'm mean it - that's no bull!!!! (lousy pun?!)

1 comments:

Matt said...

You have some fine photography here. I look forward to seeing more.

Post a Comment