Oh Snap!

This morning while my dogs and I were out walking we passed by the lake that's part of our subdivision. Once again, I'd headed out without my camera. And as usual, when I do that, something cool usually comes across my path.

In this case it was Eagles - 6 to be exact. 5 adults and one youngster that hadn't gotten his white feathers yet. Or should I say, I saw one, grabbed my phone and called my friend Carol, told her to grab her camera and get out there before he flew away. Figured that by the time I walked the dogs back, got my rig and came out he'd be gone.

And, once again as usual, I was wrong. Carol calls seconds after I get home and tells me he's still there. Grab my gear and hustle back out! Get there and that's when we starting counting and found 4 more adults. The youngster I first identified as a Hawk cause of the coloring. Carol realized he was a young eagle when he flew closer.

Anyway, here's some of the best shots I could get. REALLY REALLY want a 500 or 600 prime for this stuff, that 100-400 doesn't get me close enough.... Some of these were cropped, and you can tell... But still, I had a great time!

The adults liked to sit on the edge of the ice and watch all the others.

This guy was circling, looking for food. Looks like a feather or 2 missing?

My best shot of the youngster, hard to get detail on him in the light we had to work with.


The eagles stayed on the far side, but the gulls weren't as bashful...


Something cool about the soft, full clouds back-droping these guys

This guy flew over right on top of me - they sure aren't shy!


What's that song? "Sitting on the boardwalk watchin all the gulls go by"....



Hope you enjoyed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment