Up A Tree

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of something like this before, how 'bout you? Geese up a tree?? It would be more funny if you pulled my finger instead of pulling my leg...


But there they were, transfixed on something across the creek on the golf course. The tree had recently been cut down to the trunk, and shortly after 2 geese took up residence on top. No, they didn't stay there all day, but pretty much every morning you'll find them up that tree.

Most days they're more animated, but this morning they remained frozen in place, and beyond an occasional look around, they kept staring south. I never figured out what it was.


I took my camera on my morning walk with my Puddies hoping to see more of the eagles that have been hanging around lately. Never saw them, but have to wonder if they saw one I couldn't. I know nothing about Geese, don't know what scares or concerns them enough to ignore me and my 2 dogs, but whatever it was, it allowed me to get up real close.

On other mornings as we walked past the tree, they'd be prancing and squawking almost as soon as they saw us till we were way past. Not this morning. No matter how close we got, they stayed locked on whatever was out there.


Now you'll rarely see a standing goose from this perspective, and you may be wondering why you would ever want to, then you might start wondering why I would - not exactly a picture you want to buy and hang on your wall now, is it?!

But see? I'm right under the tree, back just far enough and they're not even checking me out. Oh they did take a quick glance when I lifted my camera, but that's all the reaction I got. I was hoping to catch a good reflection in their eyes (those black eyes are hard to capture) but no luck.

So, a parting shot as we left them behind. I like this shot for some reason - the cut mark from the chain saw, the sheared face where a fork used to be and the geese just visible over the top of the stump. Hey - how high can a trunk be and still be called a stump??? This thing was probably 15' high.



Hope you enjoyed...

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great job! I thoroughly enjoy seeing your work. You have a fabulous eye for seeing a shot,and a good sense of narrative. Thanks for sending. Lindsay

Post a Comment