Golf-n-Stuff

Monday last week, I had an opportunity to join a friend that was shooting a charity golf event. The chance to visit my old friend was a great treat, and the photography wasn't bad either!

Most of the shots I captured are good enough for those that attended, but 2 stood out for me:


This guy let me get right behind him with my wide angle lens for this shot. I timed it so I caught him just as he hit the ball.. hmmm... maybe I shoulda waited half a second more....  (insert V8 moment here)



I have to wonder if this club is legal? At the least, he's going to overshoot the ball if he doesn't back up! Can't wait to see the divot this monster creates!  Actually, it's another wide angle shot. I like how it distorts the club as it passes by my head. If you've used a wide angle lens before, you have a good idea how close I had to get shooting at 16mm...



This green is on top of the ridge on the west side. Yeah, I know - nobody's there. That's cause nobody was there!!!  The wind was blowing like crazy, and though we waited around for quite awhile, no one showed up to play it.  The wind was strong enough, my friend had to stand in as a VALP (Voice Activated Leaning Post). You might think at first that the picture is tilted, but it's not the picture, it's the trees and flagpole!


South of the golf club is this new skyscaper - well, half a skyscraper I should say. You're seeing pretty much all but the bottom 2-3 floors in this shot. But framed like this it gives a feeling that it's larger. At least it does to me...

Hope you enjoy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment