Oh Snap! Happy Birthday!

We typically celebrate birthdays on a yearly basis - those of you that track that sorta thing, I should say (notice I left myself out here....). But as soon as we're old enough to date, we like to celebrate our first week together, then our first month, and all sorts of fun silly variations of an annual celebration...

But couldn't we also celebrate 1 day? Wouldn't it make sense, say, to celebrate the life of a 1-day old kitten? How about if she was found abandoned (by her mom? We don't know)?!?!

This little Kitty came in to the local shelter where I volunteer while I was there working with the dogs. Luckily I had my camera with me, just wish I'd had a different lens (I brought my 16-35 for some doggie smile closeups) with me.

But here's what we captured - luckily little Kitty isn't aware enough to notice she's practically resting inside the lens hood:
My lens was literally resting on the table top, I couldn't get any lower!

 
Her lips and nose really are that color!



The precious little thing was starving. She followed the bottle, lifting herself up to stay connected when Rita started to pull it away. She would have kept eating, but her little belly was extended, and she needed time to digest before getting more.

I'm going to follow this little girl's development (yes, she's a girl Rita tells me - She's so small I didn't think I could tell the difference without my reading glasses), so stay tuned - this is going to be a great project!

Enjoy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment