it's all in the angle....

Sitting on the couch watching History channel and glanced over at my girl Skittles. She was anticipating dinner time, early as usual, and was laying there waiting patiently for me to get up and feed her.

She had her paws in so tight to her muzzle I couldn't pass up the shot. Tried a couple different angles, and when I got them into the computer was blown away how different they are!


I bent down over the arm of the couch for this shot, and she didn't move her head, just raised her eyes to look at me. And of course, like us, her eyebrows lifted when she did. The intensity, coupled with the post processing really gives her an intense look. Those that don't know her will likely see a mean, angry dog.

I got down on the ground, and for a change, Skittles didn't get up and come over to visit. Might have something to do with me saying "Stay", but that usually doesn't work. I took a couple shots, and this one had the best emotion. Looks like she's sad, resigned, bored or something...


Like I tell the models I work with: making a small change with your eyes and mouth can make a tremendous change in the emotion captured in the image.

Hmmm.... maybe I should show them these 2 shots......

0 comments:

Post a Comment