Shooting in Denver - pt 1.

A promising young clothing designer from Albuquerque N.M. came up to Colorado to work with a couple photographers to add his latest designs to his portfolio. He liked my portfolio and asked my help, so we got together in downtown Denver to take advantage of some cool locations there.

I get there just a little ahead of schedule, and his entourage gets there just over an hour late, so I had some time to kill. I wandered around, capturing shots of potential shoot locations, and just stuff in general.

We planned to start at the courthouse that I'd shot the last time I wandered around downtown (there should be a country song there somewhere). On my previous visit, there was a wedding party doing portraits on the south side, so I had to wait till now to get this shot:


I really like the symmetry here - and the lamps really stand out against the marble columns...

At one point I ended up on the 16th St. mall stretch, and happened upon a cool reflection of a building across the street. Seemed cool to include the building across the alley too...


Took lots of shots of textures for playing with photos during post-processing. Can never have enough of those, but by themselves they're nothing special, not worth sharing here. So, I'll end part one with this shot - which I could argue is one of the best shots of the session with RJ. Meet his younger sister Miranda!


Stay tuned, got some great shots of RJ's outfits coming!

Hope you enjoy....

0 comments:

Post a Comment