Back to the Water to shoot Bunnies...

Cotton Crested Water Bunnies to be exact.

After shooting ducks and pelicans and "Batman" birds and boaters and swimmers I finally managed to capture these ellusive bunnies in a rare mid-day appearance. They almost never show themselves when others are around, much less prance and play in the presence of others....

The first one I managed to snap was a tiny little bunny I named Holly. She likes to stare you down, but I know that's just for show. Behind that intense stare is a sweet, friendly and playful spirit.


She was hanging out with another Bunny I nicknamed Amanda. Amanda is a bit shy, but just as nice as Holly. She had a tendency to try to ignore me at first...



So I remained patient, and didn't get too close as they wandered and played with each other. A long lens really helps in these situations. After a bit she got comfy enough to let me capture her grooming her bunny-buddy Holly...


After that, it seemed she didn't mind my presence at all, and even looked at me long enough to catch her frolicking in the water...


By this time Holly was quite used to my presence and graced me with a playful little moment of her own:


Couldn't help but try to out-stare me again, but JUST after I captured this great image she cracked a smile. I'd worn her down!!!



No CCW Bunnies were harmed or abused or undressed in any fashion during the taking of these images. Any implication of nudity was done with the full knowledge and consent of the Bunnies involved. And I have their paw prints on model releases to prove it!!!

Hope you enjoy...

1 comments:

Rob + Randi said...

Cute! Girls *and* prose! Looks like a fun shoot.

Post a Comment