Ahh... The Nature of it all...

A couple days ago, I took Skittles for a walk in a park in Ft. Collins, scouting locations for model shoots. As we left, there was a bit of fog over Windsor, but the sky looked pretty clear. Now, Ft. Collins is about 20 minutes WNW (compass reference - I'm showing off again) of Windsor, and when we got there we had bright clear skies. Played with some backlighting shots with Skittles as my model, and since I keep talking about her, figured I'd show her off a bit...

Besides showing off my beautiful girl (and before you ask - no, that's not a muzzle, it's called a "Gentle Leader", and works much like a horse's halter) I wanted to give you a sense of how bright it was in Ft. Collins at the time.

We get done at the park, and head home into this:


Now, I've been wanting to shoot that tree for quite some time, but this is the first time there was something more than just the tree to make things interesting. Unfortunately, I was late for the best sky. As we started home I saw great variation in the clouds, dark grays, washed out whites, but before I could get to an interesting vantage point the sky got very uniform. Great shot nonetheless, with the sun burning through right above the tree..

And in closing, one shot from this afternoon. Took Skittles out for her mid-day potty run, and on the way back she got interested in a little tiny butterfly (her first one!). It hung around, so I got my camera, came back and was shooting away when a second one came along and started... well, I think the word is mate. They never hooked up, or whatever you call it, and the 2nd guy (gal?) soon took off.

Great shot nonetheless...


Hope you enjoy...

1 comments:

Rob + Randi said...

I love the short depth of field on the butterflies. However did you get set up fast enough to get that shot? Really great fog shot, too!

Post a Comment