On the Lookout

Headed out to scout locations for model shoots. My target was the Ft. Collins area, including Horsetooth reservoir. Left around lunch time, which typically is really bad light. I had not intended to get any post-worthy shots, just checking areas and location images as markers.

Clouds moved in, as usual, but a bit early today. Made for a great sky, including this shot I've been trying to get for a long time. Every time I drove up CR-19 I'd see this out-building just off the road and promise myself that someday I'd shoot it...

Not something I'll shoot a model against (darn it - private property), but still, a great image that I finally managed to get.

On to town, through town, and up in the hills for my scouting efforts. But first - a detour!!! Shot a lot of images of the lake and the plethora of boats (ever since "The 3 Amigo's" I've wanted a chance to use that word! Of course I say it with an accent!!!). This shot shows why it's called Horsetooth....

If you haven't noticed it yet - check out the mountain top and think what it would look like peering into a horse's mouth. If that's not enough, think peering in upside down. If you still ain't got it - your a lost cause and I give up.

Check out the Mom-n-Son jet ski action...

Kinda cool, huh? I broke the rules here, put them in the middle, but something about it appeals to me. Chances are, if I'd had a formal education in graphics, art and composition, I'd never have done that. Oh well!

After the boats I started seriously checking out the area for model work, and came across this mini-cave part way down a "Cliff face". I call it a cliff cause technically it's almost purely vertical, but it's only about 20' to the bottom. But then again, I've never seen a real definition for cliff face, so guess it works here.

The entrance to the mini-cave is here, just to the right of the commentary on the rock. I post this here with the warning - I didn't write it, don't agree with that kind of graffiti, but do find it an interesting comment in the context of choice of placement...

If it weren't for that particular graffiti, it would be a great place to work with a model... I'd think about hiding it through strategic placement, but I don't know any models large enough to, well, you know.

There's more location shots, but these are the ones that stand on their own. Hope you enjoy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

"Would you say there's a *plethora* of pinatas?"

Great movie!!! :)

~Kathryn

Post a Comment